TALLAHASSEE – State agencies updated a variety of numbers Tuesday related to the coronavirus in Florida. Here are some takeaways:
- 213,794: Total number of cases.
- 7,347: Increase in cases from a Monday count.
- 3,841: Deaths of Florida residents.
- 63: Increase in Florida resident deaths from a Monday count.
- 2,514: State prison inmates who have tested positive.
- 26: State prison inmates who have died.
- 2,490,093: Unemployment claims processed from March 15 to Monday.
- 1,649,412: Unemployment claimants paid.
- 6: Percentage of available hospital beds statewide.
- 1: Percentage of available adult intensive-care unit beds statewide.
- 119: Youths in the state juvenile-justice system who have tested positive.
- 120: Workers in the juvenile-justice system who have tested positive.
From the News Service of Florida
Sources: Florida Department of Health, Florida Department of Corrections, Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, Florida Department of Juvenile Justice