Score big with little potatoes
Part of the fun of the Big Game is the food, and you can score big points by serving up crowd-pleasing sides and snacks. For a familiar spin on a football watching favorite, try these Pigskin Potatoes: a classic combination of little potatoes and melted cheese wrapped with bacon.
There’s no fumbling around with this game day snack made with Creamer potatoes from The Little Potato Company. With no washing or peeling required, little potatoes cook in next to no time whether they are boiled, roasted or smashed. You can be the MVP of your kitchen without missing a second of the action.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 44 minutes
- 1 Bag (1 1/2 pounds) Dynamic Duo or Terrific Trio Little Potatoes
- 6 Ounces plain cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 Cup finely shredded orange cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 Jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- 1 pound thinly sliced bacon, rashers cut in half
Steps to Follow:
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Boil potatoes until fork tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Cut in half and allow to cool.
- In bowl, use spatula to combine cream cheese, cheddar, chives, salt, pepper and jalapeno, if desired.
- Once chilled, spread cream cheese on half of cut potatoes and sandwich each with other halves.
- Wrap each potato using half rasher of bacon around cut middle to ensure cheese doesn’t escape.
- Bake on middle rack 10 minutes. Flip and bake 10 minutes. Turn oven to broil.
- Broil 2 minutes, turn once and broil 2 minutes until bacon reaches desired crispiness.
Tip: Boil potatoes 2 days ahead. Fill and wrap potatoes 1 day ahead then bake and serve on game day.
Visit littlepotatoes.com/gameday for more game day recipe inspiration and to find a store near you.